Friday, September 26, 2008

Prayer...


As we have been praying as a church body daily, I've really come to enjoy that time and it has greatly increased my prayer life just in general. The first few nights were very difficult. I had such hard time concentrating... just focusing was hard and I really didn't get anything out of it. I think last night was a breakthrough of sorts. I'm not even sure what I broke through, but I was really able to pour my heart out to God and just talk to Him... it was amazing and so freeing. I feel like He's breaking my heart for the lost and dying again and I just have such a hunger for His presence and I'm regaining my confidence in myself through Him. His Word says we can come boldly to His throne with confidence to find grace and mercy to help us (Heb. 4:16). He's giving me that confidence to minister and to step out in faith, knowing that He's with me every step of the way.

When I was in college, I never really found a church home and I suffered for it. I was no longer in fellowship with other on-fire Christians (and I was at a Christian University), I didn't have an active prayer life and I wasn't studying the Word unless it was for a class assignment. It has taken almost a year of being back in a wonderful Christian community for me to get my head totally back in the right spot. I grieve for the three years of growth that I lost but God is gracious and He is drawing me deeper into Him and I'm so excited!

No comments: