Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Let-down

2008 Electoral Map Pictures, Images and Photos

Well, Election 2008 is officially over (for the most part). I am saddened that we as a nation chose to elect a leader whose morals are so diametrically opposite what America traditionally stands for. I will, however, support Barak Obama as the President of the United States. I believe that is my responsibility as a citizen of this country and as a follower of Jesus Christ. In Romans 13:1 Paul says that we must submit ourselves to the governing authority, as God has placed it there. In my human eyes I cannot see the plan that my God has in this situation, but I am confident that he will reveal it in time. We, as believers in Christ, must also pray for Mr. Obama as it says in 1 Timothy 2:1-4. I believe that our leaders need our prayer now more than ever, to bring unity and morality and prosperity back to our nation.

As a student of history, this election has been interesting to watch... with Hilary Clinton and Sarah Palin shattering the glass ceiling and Mr. Obama slamming through the racial barrier. History books will have to be re-written and no longer can anyone, white, black, Hispanic, woman or man say that they cannot achieve anything they set out to do. (Random Trivia: we have had a Native American serve as vice president of our country... Charles Curtis was Herbert Hoover's second-in-command from 1929-1933.) Needless to say, the historicity of this election is incredible!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I agree with you. My guy didn't win, but we need to back our new president. Thanks for following my blog. How did you find me...I'm always so curious.

Cody Jordan said...

i think its horribly unfortunate that so many christians voted for a man who admitted to being a muslim. Ron Paul in '12!

Angie said...

Nicely said, Cindy. :-) (from Angie Dutton)